If you follow my Instagram you’ve probably seen these foods made a hundred times BUT I thought I’d share why I like them plus any little hacks I use to make them easier, faster, or just my preference.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yes, I’m starting with dessert. I can’t help it… this recipe is literally memorized. My husband loves them, they disappear at parties, and although I don’t recommend eating them for breakfast… I can’t say I wouldn’t blame you (and join you).
I always use dark chocolate chips ♥️.
2. Another party favorite (and one I do recommend eating for breakfast) – Oregon Berry Crumble. I pair mine with plain yogurt and always add more cinnamon!
If making it for a party I typically double the “crumble” ingredients… everyone likes the crunchy top the best 😊.
3. While we are on the topic of breakfast, I’ve come to love the Spelt Banana Bread. However, if you’re like me and can’t find spelt in your normal grocery store, I swap it for half whole wheat / half almond flour. I also omit the sugar since the banana adds enough sweetness.
And again, always dark chocolate chips!
Oh and I always make muffins because I can’t wait for a loaf of bread to bake 🤷🏻♀️.
4. Ok, non bread related items…
Bonk Burgers… all the way! I use grass fed beef (from Walmart), chop up spinach or kale instead of parsley (cause I always have it), and need to start making a double batch!
My husband chows down on them as burgers but I love throwing them on a salad with Aldi organic chipotle ranch or Bolthouse ranch.
5. Turkey Trot Meatballs (and Simple Marinara).
I have made them with beed also and love them that way as well. I honestly always assumed meatballs were hard and time consuming to make. Then I tried this baked version and now make them once a week!
Add the simple sauce from the cook book and you have that easy “meatball and spaghetti” dinner without the preservatives of canned pasta sauce and frozen meatballs!
Ok, so it was hard to pic top five.
Here are my honorable mentions in no particular order:
- Pig and Fig Quiche and the Italian Sausage Fritata
- Pulled Pork / Chicken
- Marathon Bolognese
- Kale Smoothie
- Honey Ginger Granola
- Ginger chicken & stir fry
- Oven “baked” chicken
- Chicken salad
- Apple cheddar scones
- Superhero muffins
What has been your favorite?!
Need the cookbook?!
It’s totally worth the $15.00!!!